Tyler has a diverse background working with policy and technology in the government and healthcare industries. He has worked on higher education policy at the local, state, and federal levels, and worked with Senator Jerry Moran to promote entrepreneurship through the Startup Act legislation. In the technology sector, he has experience building web applications from the ground up using PHP, MySQL, and LDAP in Linux environments, and has served as an author, editor-in-chief, and consultant to PCMech.com. He currently works at Intouch Solutions in Overland Park, Kansas, where he helps pharmaceutical companies navigate the challenges of deploying digital products in a highly regulated industry, and is an adjunct instructor of informatics at Fort Hays State University.
Tyler’s graduate studies at The George Washington University focused on emerging issues of cyber security as they relate to law enforcement, intelligence, and public policy. His current research interests include cyber conflict, computer network operations, and securing systems in the healthcare industry.
- 8 years experience in information technology
- 3 years experience in government relations
- Managed budgets of over $700,000
- Small business owner
- Newman Civic Fellow Award Winner
- Networking: TCP/IP, Cisco, Routing, Switching, Wireless
- Security: Access Control, risk assessment, HIPPA and PCI compliance
- Scripting: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, LDAP, and BASH
- Client Platforms: Windows 2000, XP, 7
- Server Platforms: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Mobile Platforms: Android, iPhone